Canadian food labelling is evolving. Major regulatory modifications are about to change the appearance and the contents of ingredient lists and Nutrition Facts tables. Why all these modifications? What should we know?
This seminar will present the new regulatory requirements regarding:
- the declaration of sugars and food colour additives;
- the new core nutrients to include in the Nutrition Facts table;
- modifications to the established daily values and reference amount;
- new requirements for the determination of the serving size for nutritional labelling; and
- the new graphic requirements for improved readability and uniform presentation.
- a new health claim authorized for fresh fruits and vegetables.
Finally, our speaker will present ACC Label’s 2016 SIAL Innovation award winning MesurACC®, a food labelling typographical tool designed to verify food labels with respect to the various typographical requirements of food labelling regulations.
Presented by Diana Ickx, Nutritionist and Project Manager at ACC Label
to members of CIBÎM (Conseil des industries bioalimentaires de l’Île de Montréal)
Thursday, February 9, 2017