MesurACC® is a typographical reference and measuring tool created by ACC Label to verify food labels with respect to the various graphic requirements prescribed by regulation.
2016 SIAL Innovation Award Recipient for the Equipment, Packaging and Technologies product category, the MesurACC has since undergone several transformations. It is now available in 2 enhanced versions with several new features:
Designed for the food industry, but useful in any trade sector that needs to measure various graphic elements on printed surfaces.
By placing the desired NFT on the MesurACC directly over the NFT of the printed label, it is possible to see at a glance whether all of the various regulatory graphic requirements (NFT dimensions, font sizes, thickness of the rules/lines, as well as the spacing of the various elements) are respected.
The two MesurACC tools also include rulers (in cm and in inches) to measure packaging surfaces.
Both MesurACCs are printed on letter-size plastic sheets.
The Typo MesurACC is printed on a semi-flexible resistant plastic sheet with the thickness of thin cardboard, which makes it easy to locate by touch in a stack of documents.
The NFT MesurACC is printed on a thinner plastic sheet, flexible like a sheet of paper, which makes it possible, for example, to place it on a cylindrical container and measure its circumference.
Both MesurACCs are also practical reference tools to have on hand.
The Typo MesurACC includes:
- a table for converting font sizes and line spacing from millimetres to points or vice versa;
- a table of the type heights prescribed by regulation (Canada and USA) for the net quantity declaration, according to the dimensions of the packaging.
- the dimensions of the bilingual standard NFT, model 3.1, and the packaging available display surface which requires this format.
The MesurACC NFT includes:
- templates for 7 of the main standard NFT formats, their dimensions and the corresponding packaging available display surfaces;
a template of the Bilingual Simplified Standard NFT (format 6.1), the dimensions of the basic model and the corresponding available display surface;
- a table of the approximate height per additional nutrient line for each of the Bilingual Simplified Standard NFT formats. The measurements are approximate because they depend on the nutrients added and the impact of the additions on the length of the “Not a significant source of…” statement.